Symposium Finnish Science 100 - Science from Finland in its centenary year
The Finnish Science 100 symposium will present highlights of Finnish science and scientific collaboration between Finland and the United Kingdom, and discuss their future prospects and challenges. Saturday 4 November 2017, 10:30-17:30, Imperial College London.
Saturday 4 November 2017, 10:30-17:30
Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ
Join us for a celebration of Finnish science and technology in Finland’s centenary year. The Finnish Science 100 symposium will present highlights of Finnish science and scientific collaboration between Finland and the United Kingdom, and discuss their future prospects and challenges. The programme will feature talks by leading scientists and policy-makers, and an exhibition of posters and stands. | Poster
The event aims to bring together Finnish scientists based in the UK and anyone interested in Finnish science. It is free to attend and open to all, but please register in advance at http://finnishscience100.eventbrite.co.uk.
The symposium is part of the official Finland 100 programme on the centenary of Finland’s independence in 2017.
The event consists of talks by leading scientists and policy-makers, and an exhibition of posters and stands. Speakers include:
- Venki Ramakrishnan, President of the Royal Society
- Heikki Mannila, President of the Academy of Finland
- Risto Nieminen, Finnish Academy of Science and Letters
- Antti Vasara, President and CEO of VTT Technical Research Center of Finland
- Howard Jacobs, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki
- Marjo-Riitta Järvelin, Imperial College London
- Jorma Louko, University of Nottingham
The full programme will be available at a later date.
Imperial College London
Embassy of Finland
Finnish Academy of Science and Letters
Finnish Science Society in the United Kingdom