The Finnish Academy of Science and Letters organises annually an event in cooperation with a Finnish university. This year we are collaborating with the University of Oulu in UniOulu Science Day on 17.4. at the Linnanmaa campus, Oulu. The event facilitates knowledge sharing and networking through workshops, speeches and discussions. The event will be held in English.
The event is free of charge for students, researchers at the University of Oulu, and the members of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters. The Academy will sponsor a lunch for members.
Registration for the event is open on the website of the University of Oulu until 7.4.2024. If you are a member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters, please remember to select your membership on the registration form.
You can choose one of the following 12 workshops to attend in the morning and one in the afternoon. The University of Oulu will send workshop registration instructions by email to all those who have registered for UniOulu Science Day.
- Impact Café: Enhancing Research Influence Through Knowledge Brokering (organized by the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters)
- How to Reach International Media?
- From Underground Culture to Academy: How Artistic Creativity Can Inspire Science Communication?
- Proposal Power Couple: You and AI Taking Research Funding Proposals by Storm!
- Interdisciplinary Research and Education – Value, Risk and Reward
- Citizen Science on Nature Connectedness
- Transforming Research into Innovation
- Integration Pathways in Academia: Workshop for Discussing Collective Change
- How to Become a Superhero – Biodiversity Research at the University of Oulu
- Healthy Environment – Healthy People
- Neurological Diseases – Early Diagnosis and New Treatment Options before Surgical Operations
- AI and Art: Create Music from Images with Python
Light breakfast in Saalastinsali
Opening plenary in Saalastinsali
Welcome words – Professor Taina Pihlajaniemi, Vice Rector for Research, University of Oulu
Keynote speech – Sustainability and the Humanities, Professor Tuula Linna, President of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters
Keynote speech – Transcending institutional, professional, and geopolitical boundaries: Revisiting standards for inter- and transdisciplinary research, postdoctoral researcher Kirsi Cheas, University of Vaasa
The Finnish Academy of Science and Letters will sponsor a lunch for its memebers.
Afternoon plenary in L2
Wrapping up the workshops
PhD Arto Maaninen, Vice Rector for Cooperation, University of Oulu
Panel Discussion: Interdisciplinary Futures – Power of Collaboration
Professor Johannes Kettunen, Scientific Director of Biocenter Oulu
Associate Professor Anna Krzywoszynska, Cultural Anthropology
Senior Researcher/Adjunct Professor Priyadharshini Perumal, Fibre and Particle Engineering
Postdoctoral Researcher Kirsi Cheas, Communication Studies, University of Vaasa
Doctoral Researcher Clément Massé, Ecology and Genetics
Poster session at Green coat racks
Emerging researchers will present their research at our poster session. Snacks and drinks will be served.