Grants from the Vilho, Yrjö and Kalle Väisälä Foundation 2019 were handed out to the grantees at an event December 9 at the House of the Nobilty. List of grantees has now been published.
Väisälä Prize 2019 was awarded to Professor Goëry Genty and to Professor Tuomo Kuusi. Congratulations!
World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC) has awarded its International Award for Research 2019 to member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters, Professor Kirsi Tirri.
Member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters, Professor Olli Ikkala has received the Humboldt Research Award. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants these awards to internationally renowned academics in recognition of their entire academic record to date.
Finnish Academy of Science and Letters is participating in a seed funding program to initiate and strengthen bilateral cooperation in science, innovation and higher education in fields of excellence in Finland and France. Call for proposals is now open! Deadline is 20 December 2019.
Finnish Academy of Science and Letters participated in the Science Technology Society Forum Meeting in Kyoto in October. The Academy gave a statment during the event which can now be read online.
Latest book in the series Humaniora is "Water in the Medieval Hispanic Society. Economic, Social and Religious Implications". The book is now for sale at Tiedekirja.
Seminar "La dynamique du français aujourd’hui : pourquoi créer des mots" with Professor Loïc Depecker October 23, 2019. The seminar will be held inf French.
New book on the Folklore Fellows' Communications series has been released: "Hard it is to Stir My Tongue. Raiding the Otherworld for the Elixir of Poetry" by Clive Tolley.
Prof. Michel Fayol, Professeur émérite à l’Université Clermont Auvergne: conférence publique, en français, Mercredi 28 août 2019
Prof. Michel Fayol, Professeur émérite à l’Université Clermont Auvergne: conférence publique, en français : Apprendre à Apprendre : de l’écrit dans l’apprentissage de la langue», co-organisé avec le Lycée Franco-Finlandais qui aura lieu le Mercredi 28 août 2019, de 16h à 18h au Lycée Franco Finlandais de Helsinki.
- Vilho, Yrjö and Väisälä Fund: Call for applications opens in August
- Mathematica vol. 44:2 now online
- International science prize to Kari Alitalo
- Application process for the Väisälä Fund is now closed for the year 2018
- Seminar "The gut microbiome, from health to disease: revisiting the Koch’s postulates" with Philippe Sansonetti
- New EASAC policy report available
- Application procesess for grants open until 31 May 2019
- Mathematica vol. 44:1 now online
- Young Academy Finland Club 8 April 2019
- Young Academy Finland Club 18 March 2019
- Young Academy Finland Club 14 February 2019
- Young Academy Finland Club 21 January 2019
- Young Academy Finland Club 12 December, 2018