The Finnish Science 100 symposium will present highlights of Finnish science and scientific collaboration between Finland and the United Kingdom, and discuss their future prospects and challenges. Saturday 4 November 2017, 10:30-17:30, Imperial College London.
Finnish Academy of Science and Letters organised an event on September 11 on "Tieteen tila" (State of science). The event was dedicated to the new members of the Academy.
Member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters, Academician Irma Thesleff has been chosen as a foreign associate of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) in the United States.
Application process for the Vilho, Yrjö and Kalle Väisälä Fund is open from August 14 to September 25.
The symposium “Human Rights and Science” discusses the human rights dimension in the Arctic studies. The symposium will be organised on Friday September 29 and will be held in English. It's t
“Energy Union policies should include clearer provisions for the potential added values and inherent limitations of dedicated storage” says a new report released by EASAC.
In the April meeting of the Academy Club for Young Scientists presenters were genetist Minna Karjalainen and chemist Susi Lehtola. Videos can now be seen online!
Application processes of the Eino Jutikkala Fund and the Emil Öhmann Foundation are open from 28 April to 31 May 2017.
Finnish Academy of Science and Letters will organize a seminar on SISU; its meaning and effects on science and life. The speakers represent top experts of the theme. The seminar will be organaised in May 8, 2017 in Helsinki. Seminar will be held in English.
- Human rights and the Arctic
- Academy Club for Young Scientists, March 2017
- Seminar "Chemistry in Centennial Finland" April 21, 2017
- Title of Academician of Science granted to three scientists
- The Committee for Public Information collecting data
- Call for proposals open
- Academy Club for Young Scientists, February 2017
- The Future of Teacher Education in the Baltic Region: Towards Research Based Teacher Education
- Seminar March 13 - Suomen tie ja tiede II